Reports to: Technical Director
Work Week: 45 Hours
Direct Reports: None
Salary Range: Negotiable
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Start Date: Immediate
Focused on automating & educating the world’s leading companies, we are a small private company making a big public impact! From sequencing the human genome to inventing Bluetooth to fracking safely to navigating Tomahawk missiles to curing cancer, DSA is at the forefront in many industries.
Join us and grow with us! We offer diverse, challenging, rewarding and collaborative experiences to talented team players that can handle the daily responsibility of having a direct and measurable impact on a company’s performance. You won’t be able to hide here, but you will be able to thrive here!
As founder, I am looking for proactive, highly‐intelligent, passionate and personable technical professionals to serve our diverse and expanding customer base. You will be working on challenging projects that will bring out your very best, and that will likely make a big impact on this and
Join us and get the virtual benefit of working in every major industry! Why work for GE, Eaton, Bechtel, Allergan, Goodyear, Parker, Northrop, Philips, Bayer, PPG, Lockheed Martin, or the US Government, when you can join DSA and work for all of them? Why pick a job in oil & gas, telecommunications, alternative energy, autonomous vehicles, chemicals, bio‐ or nano‐technology, homeland security, or medical devices, when you can join DSA and work in all of these industries and more?
Working side‐by‐side with myself and other technical professionals in the Operations Team, you will assume significant responsibility at a very high tech, growing, and nationally recognized organization. I am looking for excellence & creativity in someone living methodical best practices, a dedication to detail, and with impeccable integrity.
— Richard M. Brueggman, President & CEO
This is the opportunity for the A‐player looking for something special who can answer “yes” to all of the following:
• Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit trapped inside an engineer’s body?
• Can you see the forest and work in the trees?
• Do you prefer extreme diversity in short‐term assignments that require a quick grasp of the complex?
• Can you effectively juggle three or four projects simultaneously?
• Would you like to “play” with a lot of technology/toys other people pay for?
• Do you hate office politics as much as we do?
• Can you hold your own when being challenged or scrutinized?
• Do you excel in engineering but want to do more?
• Can you think fast on your feet with calm and collected responses?
• Are you seeking an atmosphere of open and direct communication, debate, and creative brain‐storming?
• Are you professional and results driven, yet lighthearted and fun?
• Are you level‐headed and able to see both sides of the coin?
• Do you exceed people’s expectations of you on a regular basis?
• Is it in your bones to seek continual improvement?
• Do you have passion?
• Would you rather work for David than Goliath?
• Do you want to make a difference in the world?
• Apply multi‐disciplinary skills in Mechanical, Electrical, Controls and Software
• Perform all aspects of industrial automation and controls engineering, including hardware and software integration
• Design and engineer systems integration including data acquisition, instrumentation, automated test equipment, process controls, quality controls & inspection, motion controls, vision systems, robotics, machine design & build, etc.
• Implement mission‐critical solutions that coordinate diverse, multi‐vendor, multi‐platform tools
• Design, wire, test, and troubleshoot electrical panels and systems
• Specify and procure system components to satisfy design specs
• Assemble and configure automation system hardware
• Install automation systems at client facilities and train operators
• Instruct week‐long engineering and application development courses
• Work independently and on group projects in a professional office environment
• Short term travel to domestic and international sites 20% – 30% annually
• Follow CSIA‐audited industry best practices to reduce client risk
• Follow DSA project execution methodologies to Plan, Implement, Educate and Support
• Live DSA Core Values to Communicate with Clarity, Perform with Mastery, Relate with Integrity,
and Achieve with Accountability
• Willing to contribute openly in a flexible work environment where behaviors are measured and results are rewarded
• Seek to grow professionally with an organization based on integrity and managed for growth
• Interest in dynamic environment offering diverse industry exposure, extreme project variety, broad responsibilities and technical challenges under tight deadlines/budgets
• Goal‐oriented, hardworking, self‐starting and confident, highly motivated and focused individual
• Driven to achieve industry certifications on an accelerated timeline
• Proven ability to multi‐task and follow‐through
• US Citizenship Required
• B.S. and/or M.S. Degree in Engineering or Science, 3.0 GPA or higher
• 5–15 years’ experience with engineering and programming
• Real‐time and Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Professional
• Rockwell & Allen‐Bradley PLC/HMIs, FactoryTalk, RSVIEW, Studio 5000, CompactLogix
• National Instruments LabVIEW, Real‐Time and FPGA/Embedded programming
• Other skills: VB, C/C#/C++, PID, DSP, SQL, OEE, SPC, ADO, Visio, AutoCAD, SolidWorks
Why Work for Data Science Automation:
We are Automating and Educating the World’s Leading Companies! Data Science Automation Inc. is a small, award‐winning, fast‐growth, technology consulting and systems engineering firm. We provide our regional, national and international clients with enterprise automation and operational solutions that span research, manufacturing, government and business systems. We apply adaptive automation technology to acquire, analyze, present and manage data; to design, simulate, test and validate products; to monitor, predict, control and optimize processes; to invent, draft, prototype and build machines for maximum productivity, quality, profit and understanding.
As a technical training, consulting, programming and turnkey solution provider of automated systems, we have aligned ourselves with dozens of leading manufacturers of complementary software, database, networking, instrumentation, data acquisition, imaging, motion, and process control products. DSA is a gold‐tier Certified CSIA Member.
With a talented staff of engineers, scientists and programmers, our goal is to precisely specify, design and develop structured analytical solutions to quality critical operations using commercial off‐the‐shelf components and customized software applications to make a difference while raising the professional standards of systems integration practices to reduce client risk.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com